At MindFire, we make hot-fixes available on a daily basis as the need arises. Each release includes new features, bug fixes, refactored code, and other modifications.
Each new release is listed with details of what has been added. Granted, some of it only makes sense if you are intimately familiar with the platform, so don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or suggestions by contacting our team at [email protected].
- Improved Account Cloning to support defined goals
- Improved REST API Endpoint - http://studio.mdl.io/REST/accountservice/CreateAccount
If while creating an account the defined user already exists as a user, check to make sure the user is associated to any active accounts. If not, the password for the user will be updated with the newly defined password.
- We now have a new process for pointing a domain to Studio for use on a Microsite. Instead of using an A-Record to point to a single server IP, Studio requires the domain's CNAME to be pointed at Studio. This allows the Microsite to leverage auto-scaling servers for improved Microsite performance. This update will require changes to all pre-existing domains that are currently pointing their A-Record at Studio. Support can help you in this process.
- Default Microsite expiry date changed to 3 years from 6 months.
- Old SMS Plugin deprecated and hidden from Studio UI.
- Media connectors tab deprecated and hidden from Studio UI.
- Vertical Based templates hidden from the template section in Studio UI.
- Raw Data Extract will now support the SFTP protocol.
- We have extended our URL Based Content functionality and have implemented it as a variable as well, that way you can use it anywhere that Studio currently supports variable usage. The only limit to this variable is that it should not contain HTML Form because Studio will not be able to map it back to the contact properly since it does not know what resides in the URL Based Content Variable. As long as Studio can make a "GET" call to the URL, it will return the data that responds from the URL.
Please note: Nested URL Based Content will not replace
- Usage: ##URL src="http://myhtmlorcontent.com"##
- Improvements made to queries made on custom fields. Instead of querying the whole String, Studio will only query against the first 100 characters in a custom field.
- Resolved an issue where Custom Reports were not being inherited properly to the Sub-Account by default. Moving forward, all Sub-Accounts will inherit the report from the Parent Account unless the Sub-Account has its own report designation.
- Resolved an issue where a Comma (,) in the name of a Program would cause the Contact Profile View in the Reporting Dashboard to break.
- New API Endpoint: Change User Email. Long story short, this endpoint allows an Authorized API User to update an Email of an existing Studio User. Currently only available if you have access to the API, but long term will be available in the Studio UI.
- Moved Email Notification Templates to be hosted on AWS S3, making them easily changed, and not requiring a release for the changes to take place.
- Resolved a bug where the database and reporting were not showing the correct schedule name of the scheduled outbound trigger. All new schedules will reflect the proper name. (NOTE: Old schedules will not be affected.)
- Resolved a bug where in some cases a recurring schedule would not stop properly
- Resolved a bug in which the And/Or selector for a Page Flow Condition filter was being changed or dropped based on the behavior of the user toggling between the different pages and filters. This is a tough one to explain. We have heard occasionally that filters have changed and/or were lost, and were able to figure out the cause. Please feel free to contact support for more information.
- Extended Cloud Connect to be supported as an inbound. This allows the user to call the Cloud Connect from the outside without an OutboundContact_ID. More documentation to come, but please contact support for more information if you are interested in this feature.
- Session Expired behavior change: The only time now that the end user should see a session expiration is when they submit a form after the session has expired. You can control the session expiry timeout in your Microsite settings.
- Trigger Schedule IDs are now visible at the element level. You are also able to see how many contacts have been targeted by a particular schedule.
- Removed schedule_id as a Standard Variable in Outbounds and the Microsite. This only made sense to use as a filter in a target audience.
- "Record Succeeded" Event added to Direct Mail. This event persists each time the Direct Mail runs for a contact and can now be used in a Behavioral Filter.
- Direct Mail Reporting view added to the Reporting Dashboard.
- Parent Account Level Reports added to the Reporting Dashboard. To see this, log into your Reporting Dashboard and select your parent account. This will show you a new tab to the top left which will show you reporting across all accounts.
- Source-Tracking reporting view - enables you to see which source was used to enter your Microsite (you will notice a Source Tracking link to the right of the Microsite data). Please reach out to support for more info.
- SFTP support in Direct Mail: Just use the following syntax in the "Send export file to:" field: sftp://username:[email protected]
- Resolved a bug where the Regex and Required Validation on Form Fields in the Microsite was not HTML Decoding and instead showed the HTML Encoded equivalent. For example, an apostrophe would show as '
- Updated the regex on email fields within Studio to support 2-100 characters in the top level domain (i.e. the .com portion of the domain).
- Resolved an issue where, when using "default =" in emails, it would change all characters to lowercase. We now maintain case sensitivity when replacing this content.
- Implemented batching of contacts to outbounds (like Email and Direct Mail) to support outbound target audiences of above 500k targeted contacts. We have currently tested up to 1.1 Million records in a single Direct Mail Export File.
- Updated default email templates to remove the -1 targeted number from Contact Import notification emails. The -1 references a file that has not yet been picked to import by the Studio engine. This email became misleading to the end user.
- Extended Outbound Schedules to support multiple Schedule Data files on one schedule. This feature is important when your Schedule Data is large and you need to break your file apart into smaller files upon import to Studio. To use this feature, while adding a new schedule to your outbound, separate the sets of Schedule Data with a comma.
- Added a Pop-Up warning to alert users about closing an Account. Closed accounts cannot be re-opened by the user. MindFire does not guarantee re-activation of a closed account.
- Resolved a bug where a Seed field would change from True to False if the Seed Contact submitted their own information into an Add Contact page within the Microsite. The Seed Flag should not be updated through the Add Contact page unless included in the Form with a set value by the contact.
- Resolved a bug where the Copy Element option in Studio would not copy the element properly. It took multiple clicks and sometimes would not work at all.
- Added the ability to add a flag to an account for that when a mistyped PURL occurs on the Microsite, instead of displaying an error message, we show the GURL version of the page. This could be done on request by the MindFire team.
- Resolved a bug in the Microsite where using 2 custom fields in the Login Page would not validate the contact correctly
- Resolved a bug in the Contact Import result email where the email gave the user the incorrect link to download erroneous records
- Microsite activity is now blocked for Closed/Suspended Accounts
- Studio verifies that the selected account is active during authentication to protect against API calls being made to a closed/suspended accounts
- Resolved a bug where shared reports from the Reporting Dashboard had an issue with the HTML generation. The report would look like it's loading but nothing ever displayed.
- Resolved an issue where in some cases a schedule had finished but remained on the "In Process" state within Studio. The status should always update to Complete once the process has finished.
- Resolved a bug in the Microsite concerning updating contact data through form fields that are either required and/or have regex validation set on the field. Previously, a contact would pass through to the next page even if the data they provided for a field did not meet the regex validation set on that field within Contact Management. The data was not submitted to the database, yet to the end user it felt as though it had. Now the contact will be notified of the error. Even though this is resolved, we should still set up client side validation on these fields to control the error message in a more user friendly fashion.
- Resolved a bug in the Per-Contact Schedule Time-Zone Selection for any outbound media (Such as Email/Direct Mail/Cloud Connect). If the time zone selected caused the date to fall into the next day (in relation to PST), the schedule would have an issue and not execute. For example: SE Asia Standard Time is 15 hours ahead of PST. If a schedule is set for 2pm SE Asia Standard Time on February 11, the date/time in PST is actually 11pm on February 10. This type of scenario could cause an issue with the schedule.
- Resolved 2 bugs within the URL Based Content feature: First, Studio had an issue validating a form referenced by URL Based Content. If had just 2 pages in your Microsite workflow, a form page and a thank you page, Studio would throw an error saying that you were missing Form Tags. Second, special characters were not rendering properly in the browser and email. Now, all UTF-8 characters should be properly recognized.
- In the Studio UI, the Session Attribute variable was not properly formatted when selected. This has been resolved.
Wrong: ##sessionattributecount Context="Page Visit" From="2/11/2015 12:00:00 AM" To="2/11/2017 12:00:00 AM" ##
Right: ##sessionattribute Context="Page Visit" From="2/11/2015 12:00:00 AM" To="2/11/2017 12:00:00 AM" ##
- Target Audience - The Target Audience now supports targeting contacts by Schedule ID. Within the standard filter in the Target Audience there is now an "outboundschedule_id" option. Select this option, and insert the Schedule ID of the contacts that you wish to target. You can add multiple Schedule ID's separated by a comma. Schedule ID's are unique by account so you can target cross-program.
Real World Example: Ever wanted to re-target contacts that were used in a previous Direct Mail schedule?
- Target Audience - The Target Audience now supports filtering by Event Count, Goal Count, and Score Total account wide. By selecting this option, instead of counting the total for one contact, you count the total for all contacts. To use this feature open the behavioral filter tab from within a Target Audience and check the "Match All Contacts' Behavior" Checkbox.
Real World Example: Imagine you only want a page be seen for the first 1000 people that visit your campaign. Now you can!
- Resolved a bug in the copy element feature for Raw Data Extract. Previously, copying an RDE element from one campaign to another would cause a break in the current program. This issue has been resolved by dropping the selected criteria during the Copy.
- Schedule Data: You now have access to a new type of data that can be associated with a contact. With Schedule Data, you can import data for your contacts that you would like to associate with a specific schedule. More details/documentation to come soon.
- Resolved an issue where a ##datetime## variable in the Microsite or Outbound that has no value for the contact would previously replace with "1/1/2001 12:00:00 AM". It will now replace with a Blank Value as it should.
- Resolved an issue in the Dashboard where the Contact List was showing all contacts instead of toggling between Seeds and Contacts.
- Resolved a but in the Contact List Export where the Lifetime Score would be imposed on the incorrect column.
- Resolved an issue in the Approval Email (for recurring schedules) where the total targeted would show the aggregate of the schedule instead of the # targeted on this specific schedule.
- Fixed a typo in the Email Analysis Pop-Up Box
- Resolved an issue where the Schedule on a Trigger was not properly evaluating "Both", "Seed", or "Real" when sending an outbound trigger.
- Email Analysis is now available! Just preview any email you are working on, and click the "Analyze" button. For more information visit. Feel free to contact support with any questions.
- Updated the Drop-Down Arrows in the Studio toolbar to look sharper.
- Updated the Toolbar to support Windows 10. Previously clicking on the toolbar would cause Studio to freeze due to a touch/click confusion in Silverlight.
- Disabled the Send Test feature on the Right Preview Screen. User can still send tests directly from the desired element preview window.
- Resolved a bug where the email send test would not resolve Rule Group Variables
- Resolved a bug where in some cases a recovered process would not re-execute properly
- Resolved a bug where the Right Preview Screen in the Studio interface would cover other Pop-Up windows. Adjusted the Z-Index to fall behind these windows
- Added URL-Based Content support to the Email Analysis Feature (Available Monday 10/5)
- Resolved a bug where opening an old MAML template would fail because an App was no longer available
- Resolved a bug where URL Based Content would not update in the preview window
- Implemented a Feature to Preview and obtain a Spam Score for your email content. The feature is hidden from the UI right now until we determine a pricing model. Please contact support if you have interest in this feature. (Available Monday 10/5)
- URL based content is now supported in the Microsite, Email, and App that incorporates the feature. You can now host your content in S3 or Wordpress and link to it from within Studio. Ask support if you have any questions.
- Enabled a Relative to Absolute Path Resolver in the Tool Bar
- New studio install page introduced: http://mindfireinc.com/install
- New User Guide (Beta) introduced: http://mindfireinc.com/guide
- Resolved a bug where there was no validation against a 40 character schedule name length, and this caused an error in adding the schedule, but the user was not notified of the reason. Now you will see an alert that your schedule name is too long.
- Resolved an issue where Studio would validate against a TLD (Top Level Domain) that was too long. Now we support up to 63 characters. For example, a domain like "domain.solutions" is now supported.
- Fixed an issue where in some rare cases a custom field could have 2 values associated with it.
- Fixed some minor spelling errors
- The User can now Delete Contacts from within Contact Management in Studio. This will free up the PURL that was in use by the previous contact. Reporting data will not be erased.
- You can now Copy and Paste within the selected Program. Campaign, Element, and Child Element copying are supported. Please contact support with instruction on how to use this new feature.
- Reporting now supports custom report views for accounts when implemented. Please contact support for more details.
- Resolved a bug where Seeds were showing from a previous account login. This would only happen if you first logged in to one account (where the user has Contact Management permissions), then changed accounts but the logged in user does not have access to Contact Management in the second account.
- Resolved a bug where the Account Creation screen had extra unnecessary field options when creating an account.
- Resolved a bug where the Default Report Date was hard-coded to a date in May instead of grabbing the last month of data.
- Extended the Per Contact "Once Schedule" to continue running after a year's time. Previously, the schedule would end after 365 days.
- Reporting Dashboard speed improvements (3x).
- Custom reports now available!!! Ask our professional services department for more information.
- Resolved a bug within a recurrence schedule where the MAML would not open in different time zone formats. Previously, if the user published a recurring schedule on one time zone format then opened the MAML on another computer with a different time zone format there would be an error and the MAML would not load.
- Resolved a bug where a user would in some cases see the Seed contacts from a previous user's account. This would only happen if the same computer was being used by both users.
- Resolved a bug where if the user removed a trigger schedule from an element and added a new schedule it would throw an error when the trigger executed because it was referencing the old schedule that no longer exists.
- Resolved a bug in the Raw Data Extract where in some cases the From Last schedule would start over from the beginning.
- Fixed an issue in Contact Management where "???" would show up in the last field
- Fixed an issue in the Reporting Dashboard where clicking "Today's Visitors" would throw a General Exception Error
- Fixed a Bug in the Salesforce Connector where concurrent connections to the database would spawn an error
- Fixed an issue where duplicate event options were being introduced upon element and campaign checkout. You would notice this if you were giving a score or goal to a specified link within one of your Inbounds or Outbounds. It was only happening for the element and campaign checkout.
- Updated the CSV parser used to display the Contact History within Studio. In some cases, depending on the format of data provided by the outbound app, the contact's events could not be previewed within Studio.
- Fixed an display issue where adding a new sub-account was referencing unnecessary data fields.
- Fixed a bug where Collaboration of a Campaign would not work due to a duplicate User Id
- Fixed an issue where newly added users were not being seen in the dashboard
- Implemented the ability to support broadcast type Apps (such as Twitter and LinkedIn). These apps are just around the corner.
- Added a feature to detect the version of Studio the user is running, and prompt an update where necessary.
- Added a feature allowing the App Developer to control the retry attempts of a failed App process.
- Fixed an issue with the Date Range within the Reporting Dashboard -> Contact Listing View. Previously, selecting Today's Date would not show Contacts from today in the list. This has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where the Raw Data Extract pulled more than the targeted schedule.
- Fixed an issue where the Contact Export from the Reporting Dashboard would send 2 days and 1 hour later.
- Fixed a bug where Collaboration of a Campaign would not work due to a duplicate User Id.
- Fixed an issue with the Date Range within Reporting Dashboard -> Contact Listing View. Previously, selecting Today's Date would not show Contacts from today in the list. This has been resolved.
- Implemented the ability to support broadcast type Apps (such as Twitter and LinkedIn). These apps are just around the corner.
- Updated the Contact Export to Export File in .CSV format instead of .TXT
- Decreased the time it takes data to reach your reporting dashboard
- Fixed a bug where Contact Export Feature was not successfully sending the email containing the export
- Fixed a bug where The Raw Data Extract element was un-editable in Studio
- Applied missing install.html for Studio install
- Fixed a bug where events longer than 128 characters were failing to persist in the database
- The Raw Data Extract (RDE) was enhanced to improve performance within marketing automation workflows
- The API's https://studio.mdl.io/REST/userservice/Authenticate endpoint was modified to improve performance. No changes are required for integrators or developers.
- The process of marketing automation Events (emails opens, clicks, etc.) was improved via an Event SmartQueue. The SmartQueue enables app developers to prioritize Events for processing (allowing important events to be handled more quickly), includes a caching mechanism to safeguard against data interruption/loss, and can operate more quickly than previous event handling
- App providers are given a means to "End of Life" their Apps, useful in situations where an App is sunsetted. In addition, Apps are more gracefully handled in the event that the App Provider's service is unavailable.
- Fixed a bug in the Reporting Dashboard where in some cases the User could not drill down to see contact level reporting because of a permissions issue.
See older updates in the Change Log Archive here.